Breaking News

I Make Comics About The Struggles Of Working From Home (30 Pics)

I am a designer based in San Francisco and have been working from home, or more specifically from my couch since the pandemic started. I started daily drawing and posting these on Instagram to help cope with stress and blow off some steam. In these drawings, I explore blessings, challenges, and absurdities we have to deal with while working from home.

In fact, I was sitting on the couch so much in the past two years it completely broke down. For convenience, I ordered a new one and it arrived in such an enormous box that it had trouble fitting through the door. These types of everyday work-from-home situations have been an endless source of ideas and inspiration. I try to create one new drawing every day. I’ve enjoyed drawing these, and hope you’ll like them too!

If you've missed my previous posts that are in a similar vein, you may find them here: IIIIIIIVVVIVIIVIIIIXX.

More info: Instagram

#1

While remote work is more convenient (and safe), the line between life and work becomes increasingly blurred. I’ve created this series of charts and drawings illustrating this concept.

At times, working from your house all the time feels very lonely, like you are trapped on an uninhabited island just staring at the screen all day until your eyes pop out. I miss human interaction the most. I found that creating a list of things that I miss about working at the office and drawing it has been very therapeutic.

Another thing that freaks me out about Zoom calls is seeing yourself in a little video all the time, it’s just weird. Also, I am not sure why working from home makes you so tired. Somehow drawing pictures of people being tired makes me less tired.

#2

#3

#4

#5

#6

#7

#8

#9

#10

#11

#12

#13

#14

#15

#16

#17

#18

#19

#20

#21

#22

#23

#24

#25

#26

#27

#28

#29

#30

No comments