Breaking News

120 Times People Realized Their Parents Were Cooler Than Them (New Pics)

Our parents weren't always parents. Yes, I know, that sounds self-explanatory, but let that sink in. Before these people were changing our diapers, they were young, wild, and free to do whatever they desired. In many cases, their old lives were even more impressive than our current ones. Building motorcycles, stopping bank robberies... It's one thing to hear those stories, but it's another to see photographic proof.

Surprised by and proud of their parents' past, people are sharing photos of their moms and dads on the subreddit r/OldSchoolCool. So continue scrolling to take a trip back in time to when they were rocking leather jackets and high-waisted jeans and when you're done, check out similar Bored Panda articles here and here.

#1 My Mama Circa '83. This Explains Why I'm The Uncoolest Person Ever, Cos She Took It All! Oh And That Bike? She Built It

Image credits: reddit.com

#2 My Mom At 18 Years Old Protesting The Kkk In 1976 Atlanta, Ga

Image credits: reddit.com

#3 My Mother When She Was A Tank Instructor In 1984

Image credits: reddit.com

#4 Late 1960s, My Dad

Image credits: reddit.com

#5 My Mom And Arnold On A Date In The 70s

Image credits: reddit.com

#6 My Dad Sculpting A Bust Of My Mom, 1980s

Image credits: imgur.com

#7 My Mom Working As A Dj, Late 1970s

Image credits: reddit.com

#8 48 Beers And A Unicycle. My Dad In The Early 80s

Image credits: reddit.com

#9 My Dad Skateboarding At Hyde School 1982. I Think He Was Cooler Than Me

Image credits: reddit.com

#10 My Mom Would Always Talk About How She Was An Editor For Tiger Beat Magazine When She Was A Teenager In The 1960’s. She Would Brag About Spending Time With The Stones And The Beatles. We Always Thought She Was Telling Tall Tales. Uncovered This Pic Cleaning Out Her House Last Week

Image credits: reddit.com

#11 France, 1985. My Mom Feeding Me Backstage During A Ballet Dancing Show

Image credits: reddit.com

#12 My Mother Skateboarding Barefoot In California, 1974

Image credits: imgur.com

#13 My Mom Immigrated To The US From Iran In November, 1978. Here She Is Dressed As Wonder Woman A Year Later

Image credits: reddit.com

#14 My Parents When They Were 16 And 17 (1987). They’ve Been Together For 34 Years Now

Image credits: reddit.com

#15 My Mom Voting For The First Time In A Presidential Election In 1972 In Indiana, Pa

Image credits: reddit.com

#16 My Pregnant Mom At Gunpoint Trying To Get Home. May 1969, Berkeley

Image credits: reddit.com

#17 My Mom's All Girl Rock Band In The 60's

Image credits: reddit.com

#18 My Dad's First Car, A 1939 Ford. He Bought It With His Own Money That He Earned While Farming. He Was 11 When He Bought It, So This Photo Was Taken In 1948

Image credits: reddit.com

#19 My Mom In ‘78, Glendale, Ca. Newly Immigrated From Japan And Working Her Butt Off -But Still Managed To Save Up And Buy This Chevy Impala For $500

Image credits: reddit.com

#20 My Dad Taking A Selfie, Using A Piece Of Wood To Activate The Shutter, Circa 1957

Image credits: reddit.com

#21 My Mom In The Early 90s. She Painted Her Own Shield

Image credits: reddit.com

#22 My Mom, 1954. She Came To America In 1948 At Age 18. She Hardly Spoke English And Was Looked Down On Because She Was German And A War Bride. She Later Did Some Modeling - This Is Just One Of Many Beautiful Photos We Have Of Her

Image credits: reddit.com

#23 Chatting With My Dad While He Was On Break Back In The 80s

Image credits: reddit.com

#24 After Their First Fight, My Dad Apologized To My Mom Through Polaroids. The True Og Of Apologies, My Man (1987)

Image credits: reddit.com

#25 My Mom Looking Like A Queen On Her Wedding Day 1979

Image credits: reddit.com

#26 My Mom And Bob Ross During An Event In Central Park, NYC In 1989

Image credits: reddit.com

#27 My Dad Made Anything Look Cool (1981)

Image credits: reddit.com

#28 My Dad Showing Mr. Rogers The Process Of Designing Toys On Mr. Rogers Neighborhood (1986)

Image credits: reddit.com

#29 My Mom Was A Boston Park Ranger In The 80s

Image credits: reddit.com

#30 My Mom At 16 Yrs Old With Her Camaro In 1975

Image credits: imgur.com

#31 My Cool Mom Partying With Robin Williams And Billy Crystal In LA, 1982

Image credits: reddit.com

#32 My Dad 1969 Bronx, NY. Speaking Against The Vietnam War

Image credits: reddit.com

#33 My Dad At The 1966 International Science Fair. He Was A Finalist In 65, 66, And 67. In This Picture He Created A Perfusion System To Keep A Rat Kidney Alive When Removed From The Body, Like A Heart-Lung Machine

Image credits: reddit.com

#34 I See All Of Your Cool Dads, And Raise You My Cool Mom With Her Firebird. Sometime Around Early 80's

Image credits: reddit.com

#35 My Mom Was One Of The First Female Graduates Of The Culinary Institute Of America. Here She Is Working As The First Female Pastry Chef At A Hotel In Pittsburgh In 1980

Image credits: reddit.com

#36 My Mom In 1970s Vietnam, On A Motorcycle

Image credits: reddit.com

#37 Mom’s Senior Portrait That My Grandma Refused To Let Her Publish In The Year Book (1976)

Image credits: reddit.com

#38 My Cool Mom And Dad Back In ‘90

Image credits: reddit.com

#39 In Honor Of Father's Day, My Dad Circa 1988

Image credits: reddit.com

#40 My Dad And His Partner While They Were Undercover. This Picture Was Taken After They Stopped A Bank Robbery In The Late 70s

Image credits: reddit.com

#41 My Dad (Left) Looking Like A Young Luke Skywalker, Chile, 1977

Image credits: reddit.com

#42 Talking With My Mom About Ozark And She Told Me She Went Skiing With Marty Byrde (Jason Bateman) Back On New Year’s Day 1987

Image credits: reddit.com

#43 My Mom And Dad Building Their House In 1953. My Mom (91 Now) Still Lives There

Image credits: reddit.com

#44 My Mom Helping Bill Before A Conference Mid 80’s

Image credits: reddit.com

#45 My Dad Working On The Set Of The Movie Critters In The 1980s

Image credits: reddit.com

#46 My Dad In The Late 80s / Early 90s. One Of The First Rockers In China

Image credits: reddit.com

#47 My Dad Was A Popstar In Argentina. Here He Is With Ella Fitzgerald, Mid 1960s

Image credits: reddit.com

#48 My Family Was Looking Through Pictures And We Found This Gem Of My Dad In The 80's

Image credits: reddit.com

#49 My Dad At Marching Band Practice, 1985

Image credits: imgur.com

#50 My Dad And Friends Look Like The Cast Of Stranger Things (1982)

Image credits: reddit.com

#51 My Mom During Her First Year Of Architecture School. 1986, China

Image credits: reddit.com

#52 I Always Knew My Mom Was A Tough Lady. Photo Taken Circa 1985

Image credits: reddit.com

#53 Found This Old Picture Of My Dad From Back In 1976. I Feel Like The Picture Captures An Awful Lot And Tells A Story

Image credits: reddit.com

#54 My Dad’s Landscaping Crew In The 1980s

Image credits: reddit.com

#55 My Dad And Michelle Pfeiffer In 1979

Image credits: reddit.com

#56 My Mom And Her Friends Looking Like The Cast Of An 80s Movie In Grad School, Uva, Late 1980's

Image credits: reddit.com

#57 Mom Wasn't The Pilot, But She Was A Tech On The F-4 Phantom Back In The 80's

Image credits: reddit.com

#58 My Dad And My Mom Shortly After He Got Hired As A Pilot At United (1978)

Image credits: reddit.com

#59 My Mom And Dad In The 1960's

Image credits: reddit.com

#60 My Dads First Day On The Job, 1987

Image credits: reddit.com

#61 My Dad Taking A Smoking Break While Fighting Saddam Husseins Army In The 80s

Image credits: reddit.com

#62 My Dad Around 1986 When He First Started Working At GE

Image credits: reddit.com

#63 My Step-Dad Is Convinced He Was The Coolest Guy In The 80's

Image credits: reddit.com

#64 My Dad And His Friends After Sleeping On The Schools' Roof During Summer, 1993

Image credits: reddit.com

#65 Mid To Late 1970s, My Dad Graduating A Class Taught By Chuck Norris

Image credits: reddit.com

#66 My Dad Squaring Off With A Cheetah, 1979

Image credits: reddit.com

#67 My Dad And His Pet Monkey In Vietnam, 1966

Image credits: reddit.com

#68 My Dad, Kicking Back With A Cup Of Coffee, 1988

Image credits: reddit.com

#69 Me Looking Up To My Fighter Pilot Dad In The Late 1980's

Image credits: reddit.com

#70 My Dad Wasn't Famous, But His Moves Were Pretty Cool (1977)

Image credits: reddit.com

#71 My Mother. 1968

Image credits: reddit.com

#72 Mom, Ran Away From Parent Home To Live Her Own Life; Brazil, 1968

Image credits: reddit.com

#73 My Mom In An Annual Report Pamphlet From Company Where She Was Employed Back In 1984

Image credits: reddit.com

#74 My Moms Selfie Before It Was Cool (1989)

Image credits: reddit.com

#75 My Mom Was A Nurse In The Army For Over 20 Years. Here She Is Shaking Hands With Some Guy In The Mid/Late 1980's

Image credits: imgur.com

#76 Mom, Circa 1970, After Completing Her Master's, The First Woman In Her Family To Do So

Image credits: reddit.com

#77 My Mom Grew Up On A Dairy Farm. Her Older Brothers Were Oil Truckers, They Brought Coors Home By The Case (1975)

Image credits: reddit.com

#78 My Mom At 20, Drinking A Cup Of Coffee In 1985; Making Big Plans For The Future

Image credits: reddit.com

#79 My Dad In The Mid 80’s After Finally Saving Enough Money For His First Car. He Worked In The Fields Of California Picking Fruit

Image credits: reddit.com

#80 My Dad In The Late 80s

Image credits: reddit.com

#81 My Dad Stationed In Germany Standing Next To The Border Of Czechoslovakia - 1982

Image credits: reddit.com

#82 My Dad, The FBI Agent, At A Bahamas Airport, Late 1960s

Image credits: xoferPAX

#83 My Dad Fishing.... On A Nuclear Submarine. 1966

Image credits: reddit.com

#84 My Parents Accidentally Inventing A Selfie Stick 1990

Image credits: reddit.com

#85 My Mom With Ice Cube Circa 1992

Image credits: reddit.com

#86 My Dad’s Self-Portrait, Circa 1980

Image credits: reddit.com

#87 My Mom Sometime In The 80s Messing With My Dads Guitar (Birmingham UK)

Image credits: reddit.com

#88 50 Years Ago My Mom Made Some Clothes And Had My Dad Model Them

Image credits: reddit.com

#89 My Mom Rocking Her Adidas In ‘87

Image credits: reddit.com

#90 My Mom Graduating From The Air Force Academy In 1986

Image credits: reddit.com

#91 My Artsy Mom In The 70s

Image credits: reddit.com

#92 My Dad In The 70's With His Mustang

Image credits: reddit.com

#93 My Dad Playing Guitar On Top Of A Giant Stack With Heart - Japan Jam '79

Image credits: reddit.com

#94 My Dad And Those Amazing Pants Posing In His First Gas Station, Early 90s

Image credits: reddit.com

#95 My Dad And A Tiny Kitten Looking Like A Modern Hipster In The Early 1980s

Image credits: imgur.com

#96 My Dad's Graduation Photo. Circa 1970's

Image credits: imgur.com

#97 My Dad Rocking Out At Monsters Of Rock Festival 1991

Image credits: reddit.com

#98 My Parents In The 80s, In Their Traditional Japanese Marriage Portait

Image credits: reddit.com

#99 My Dad Breaking Usaf Facial Hair Regs In Greenland Circa 1969

Image credits: reddit.com

#100 My Dad In 1978

Image credits: reddit.com

#101 My Dad And The Notorious B.i.g. Circa 1996 When He Visited My Dad’s Clothing Store In Detroit, Michigan

Image credits: reddit.com

#102 My Mom Posing With Eazy-E Outside Of A London Hotel In The Late 80s

Image credits: reddit.com

#103 My Dear Mom In The 70s With Her German Shepard And Manta

Image credits: reddit.com

#104 My Father Circa 1972. He Worked On A 600 Cow Ranch At The Time And Drove A Chopper That He Built Himself. Also, He Probably Slept With Your Mom

Image credits: reddit.com

#105 My Dad In Northern Montana 1989

Image credits: reddit.com

#106 My Dad About To Get Dragged Across The Floor By Chazz Palminteri While Filming "A Bronx Tale" - 1992

Image credits: reddit.com

#107 My Dad With His M60, In The 1990-1991 Gulf War. Specifically Desert Storm

Image credits: reddit.com

#108 My Dad On The Set Of A Movie He Was Filming In Cuba. I Think This Was In 1960's-1970's

Image credits: reddit.com

#109 My Dad Sitting Happily On The 1929 Indian Police Special He Restored, Circa 1982

Image credits: reddit.com

#110 My Dad In 1971

Image credits: reddit.com

#111 1964, My Dad Working At The Original Tower Records In Sacramento, California

Image credits: imgur.com

#112 My Dad, Late 70s/Early 80s I’d Have To Guess, Holding The First Neon Sign He Ever Bent

Image credits: reddit.com

#113 My Dad And His Fox Patricia (1987)

Image credits: imgur.com

#114 My Dad In Vietnam

Image credits: reddit.com

#115 My Dad In Saudi Arabia In The 70's Working As A Us Military Contractor Diving In The Red Sea

Image credits: reddit.com

#116 My Dad And His Roadster. 1950s?

Image credits: reddit.com

#117 My Then 23 Year Old Mom In 1970 In A Polish Film Called "Hydrozagadka”. She Worked For Lot Polish Airlines, They Used Some Of The Real Airline Employees In The Film

Image credits: reddit.com

#118 My Dad Super Excited About His New Keyboard Christmas Of 1988

Image credits: reddit.com

#119 My Dad, 80’s Fighter Pilot

Image credits: reddit.com

#120 My Dad Pictured With Rapper Ice Cube At A Record Store Signing, 1990

Image credits: imgur.com

No comments